Saturday, March 26, 2011

You'd think I'd have learned by now!

Decided to put underfloor insulation under the house, a good idea so why is my house built so you can't get under it on your hands and knees? You have to scoot along on elbows and toes! I scuttled in and out from 11am to 3.30pm, sometimes facedown sometimes face upwards, roll over, lose the tools somewhere, found my car keys that I didn't know I'd lost, in the dust and stones that are the result of living on a river terrace. Getting the insulation in place was the easy part- getting the body in and out and up and down- now that was the hard part. Stage one completed , abdominal muscles severely taxed, shoulders ached, hair full of cobwebs and spiders, hope it works!
Next day- more good works but this time above ground! Making a prop for daughter's photo studio and being mean by nature I figured I would use some timber that I had hanging around that was rough sawn. After all, I could sand it smooth with one of the numerous tools I have that go "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (I don't do hand tools!). Timber pieces cut and shaped just need sanding before I assemble them. If you want to take up a life of crime buy a belt sander! You can remove all your fingerprints in a few seconds and the blood soon biodegrades! It's not the sort of thing that needs stitches- glue would probably work better. So now I'm walking around with a big bandage on my right hand which is varying shades from white to red, with abs that would make Daniel Carter proud and a whole lot of unfinished things to do.
Maybe next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment