Sunday, June 27, 2010

Time flies!

I should have been keeping this blog alive while we were overseas last year. It seems like years ago already. I flit back through our photos and it's like looking at somebody else's trip. It was not really a surprise to me that people the world over, be it Hong Kong, Bangkok, Portugal, Turkey, Cyprus or even good old England that people are friendly. Every nation has it's ratbags but if you smile at them they smile back- even if there's no common language, they appreciate your efforts at sign language.
On a bridge in Istanbul, I had a discussion with a fisherman of about 10 years old, that went on for a quarter of an hour and neither of us had a clue what the other was saying! But we parted laughing!
Not only am I now 70! But I am now grandfather to eight! Not bad for an only child! My 70th birthday in November was the first birthday where it has hit me! I'm getting old! When I was 20, 35 was old. When I was 35 , 45 was old. When I was 45, 60 was old and now I am old like all the other 'old' people. Statistically I've got 10 years left but I can't complain- I've outlived my father and mother, neither of them made it this far and I'm still pouring concrete and chopping firewood and walking the dog.
I must try and post something now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment